Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yikes! It's been how long?

Putting the nation back into procrastination, I have a tendency to raise the term to a state of mind. I cannot decide if I am waiting for something really big to happen or the little things really just entertain me that much.

I really have been enjoying our new(ish) baby girl, Portia. She will be celebrating her first birthday in a couple of weeks. Yesterday we watched as she got her second big "acting" break, as a baby in a church parody of the Etrade babies. I wonder if she'll remember any of this on her own later in life. I personally do not have much recollection of the first several years of my life. My long term memory seems pretty mushy until I started marking time with the passage school grades.

Since I no longer go to school, I have had to find other ways of marking time and memories. As a single guy, I used my job or where I was living. Now, I have both my marriage and the birth of my daughter to bracket all the other events that happen.

I guess all the big events in my life have now become waypoints for all the little things that have come in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment